What do you think of Brisk LGS spark plugs for the 650R??

Post here on any modifications you have done, or have found for the Kawi

Moderator: BRP

sikatrix650r

What do you think of Brisk LGS spark plugs for the 650R??

Postby sikatrix650r » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Has anyone else ever heard of or used these Brisk LGS Spark plugs in there bike? They seem extremely promising as Lamborghini uses them. OPPRACING's website has the BRISK LGS AOR10LGS spark plugs for our 2006-2009 ninja 650's.... they have like a 360 degree spark and the design looks amazing. Would you change out the NGK IX Iridiums for these plugs? there supposed to give some vehicles (cars, Bikes, trucks, race cars etc) like 1-2 HP and 1-2 TQ gains on the dyno. I've posted some links below, the first one is OPPRACING's website where you can buy them and the second is Brisk's actual website so you can read up about them. I'll tell u this though, my father and I have tried the Pulstar plugs in his 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 classic and it seemed to run a little better but it had issues starting, i think the battery didnt give enough oomph to power the 1,000,000 watt capacitor they have on them, but my dads friend's corvette gained 3 hp from them so idk...... let me know what you think. thanks

http://www.oppracing.com/product_displa ... -aor10lgs/

http://www.briskusa.com/products/spark- ... emium-lgs/

http://www.briskusa.com

The brisk website says:
Brisk Premium LGS spark plug has been developed after two-year cooperation with Lamborghini Morori Marini. This spark plug utilizes extremely long glide-spark and massive integrated side electrode. Massive integrated side electrode ensures superior heat removal from active part of the spark plug even in the most extreme conditions, therefore eliminating electrode burn off seen on conventional spark plugs in race applications. Extremely long glide spark (almost 3mm) protrudes deep into combustion chamber, carries more potential charge and is unshielded by the conventional side ground electrode. The air and fuel mixture is ignited more spontaneously and flame front spread is unrestricted and more uniform.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'06 Kawi Ninja 650R - 24k miles....BMC racin air filter and custom No-name Ebay slipon exhaust, iap mod,baffles removed, Pair valve plugged plus a TON more mods.....Best 1/4 mile - 11.64 at 112mph fastest speed 135mph.
phoenix91

Re: What do you think of Brisk LGS spark plugs for the 650R?

Postby phoenix91 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Looks promising as far as producing a better, more reliable spark but 1-2 hp increase especially in a 650r sounds like a stretch. It also seems like it would require more power to produce such an immense series of sparks. If you decide to try it, you should post the results. I'm skeptical but it has... sparked my curiosity :lol
There's my lame pun for the day
07 650r
Scorpion slip on
BMC air filter
short velocity stacks in airbox (thanks Gary!)
PCIII
SBL projectors with red halos and yellow eyes
Custom seat
Clip ons (over triple)
Lowered 1.5" in front
Integrated tail
Chopped screen
Red wheel tape
Retro Rocketeer

Postby Retro Rocketeer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 pm

There are numerous skeptics that come out of the lurking status when it comes to topics like spark plugs. Naming Splitfire as the poster child for overreaching spark plug performance claims is a big favorite. E3 is another target of the pessimist. Personally, I like people trying to improve on design. Sometimes doing the obvious is all it takes in some cases. Imagine the palm against forehead slapping that was heard when somebody added the 3rd leg to the 2 legged stool.

Claiming a different spark plug added 3hp to a Corvette sounds difficult to brag about. A stock Vette makes over 400hp already. You'd never notice 3hp plus or minus sitting behind the wheel. At that number, its difficult to get 3hp to show consistency on a dyno.

On a litre bike that makes 160hp stock, you can show 3hp gains and losses consitently on a dyno, but you can't really feel it in the seat and holding the bars. It can show up in tenths on a lap timer if the rider is consistent, or maybe in a flat top speed run if the rider and environment is consistent, but those scenarios are not always easy to achieve.

Obviously, you can't expect a 3hp gain in your 650 Ninja by switching to this different spark plug. Or can you? Different combustion chamber shapes respond to different plugs, cam timing, and spark timing if you are willing to do the work. Just don't expect much by simply dropping into a stock engine.

So why do it? Why not? It won't hurt anything. You might get lucky. They are cost comparable.

Make intelligent note though. You have to compare apples to apples. In this case, that means comparing fresh plugs to fresh plugs. You can't drop in these new design plugs as a replacement for your current plugs with 5000-10000 miles of wear. If that were the case, you could put in any POS spark plug and get an immediate throttle improvement just from have fresh edged electrodes.

In the end, if you can notice a significant change in fuel milage and throttle response over more than a couple tanks of gas, then money well spent.

Please issue your results.

(Too much time to kill waiting for a phone call resulted in this response.)
biketechted

Postby biketechted » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Most top teams use NGK. You'd think if something was that much better, everyone would use it.
Multiple electrode spark plugs don't actually fire to all electrodes at once. Only one spark is able to fire at any given time. The main reason is to prolong the life of the plug by reducing fouling.
Brisk sounds great and all, but I'd go with what works and save a little money at the same time, unless there's proof to convince me otherwise.
Brisk also cost twice as much as it's NGK equivalent from what OPP racing says.
sikatrix650r

Postby sikatrix650r » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Yeah thats very true. I emailed Brisk yesterday about how good these plugs are for sprot bikes and if they would send me some dyno charts whether they be for the 650r of a zx14r im just super curious about how good these could possibly be. If you look on there site they have 6 different kinds of plugs on there line up and they are.... Iridium Performance, Racing Iridium, Multi-spark, LGS (the one i was posting about), Turbo, and Silver Racing.... the only two that lok any different than a normal ngk spark plug is the LGS and the multi-spark. It says this about the multi spark on there site but i dont think you can use these on a motorcycle. They say this about it .... Brisk Premium ZC is a spark plug that has no grounding electrode and provides three simultaneous sparks per one ignition impulse. Each spark occurs at the point of the biggest fuel concentration. Individual sparks are sufficiently distanced from one another, thereby ensuring perfect ignition of the air and fuel mixture. The mixture burns more uniformly and more quickly. This spark plug is suitable for clean burning engines with high intensity discharge ignition systems.
and this is a video of them testing it against other plugs hooked to a MSD Ignition package...
http://youtu.be/SnsUAqC3ON0
But anyways I'll let you know what they decide to email me and if I like what they have to say I'll order a pair of the Brisk LGS plugs and see how it goes. The NGK IX Irirdiums that are in my bike only have a max of MAYBE 1800-2000 miles on them so if there if a diff i can rule out crappy plugs haha. OHH and I came across something on Ebay that they also sell on kneedraggers.com that has to do with amplifying/boosting your spark with something called a "iBooster Spark Amplifier" it's a freakin $116 EACH and you need one per cylinder meaning in total not counting shipping comes to $232+ for this product and it says.... "Increased throttle response, Gives a cleaner, more efficient burn, Reduced emissions, Patented technology, Fits between coil and spark plug cap, Order one iBooster per cylinder; sold individually...... This is the URL link to the site so you can see it http://www.kneedraggers.com/2006-KAWASA ... source=pdp and i posted a picture below.... Any comments? feedbacks etc?
Oh and kind of off the spark plug subject but I ordered a Two Brothers juice box fuel controller (not the pro version) for $19.50 lol and something like $34 total with shipping and everything from here...>>> http://www.roguemotorsportz.com/t4/g1/v ... X650R.aspx is that fuel controller ok to tinker with?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'06 Kawi Ninja 650R - 24k miles....BMC racin air filter and custom No-name Ebay slipon exhaust, iap mod,baffles removed, Pair valve plugged plus a TON more mods.....Best 1/4 mile - 11.64 at 112mph fastest speed 135mph.
sikatrix650r

Postby sikatrix650r » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:10 pm

here's a few more examples of what they have done with brisk spark plugs.....

Fastest Mercedes CL55 AMG Running On Brisk Racing Spark Plugs!---- http://www.briskusa.com/news/fastest-me ... ark-plugs/

Mike Murillo: First to 6.40's with Brisk Racing Spark Plugs!------ http://www.briskusa.com/news/mike-muril ... ark-plugs/

Woltjer Engines dominate with Brisk Spark Plugs---- http://www.briskusa.com/news/woltjer-en ... ark-plugs/
Retro Rocketeer

Postby Retro Rocketeer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm

That ibooster thang aint gonna work. Your coil is your spark plug cap.
sikatrix650r

Postby sikatrix650r » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:18 pm

SO Yeah I FINALLY got an email from brisk and here is what they said.........

Hi William,

Please see the links below for application/cross reference.
The best plugs for nitrous applications are the AR10S, AR08S and AR08GS, but can be used on N/A and forced induction applications as well.
The LGS and ZS are suitable only for N/A applications. Caution! The ZS style plug is a projected tip plug, so prior to use, it needs to be verified there is a sufficient piston clearance in given application. These plugs were designed for professional use by experienced tuners/installers.
Spark plugs are available at:
www.BriskRacing.com
Thank you!
Best regards,
BriskUSA

http://www.briskusa.com/site/templates/ ... e/moto.pdf

http://www.briskusa.com/products/spark- ... plication/

http://www.briskusa.com/products/spark- ... plication/
phoenix91

Postby phoenix91 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Slight bit of information followed by some well practiced "cover my ass" disclaimers
07 650r
Scorpion slip on
BMC air filter
PCIII
Custom seat
Clip ons (over triple)
Lowered 1.5" in front
Integrated tail
Chopped screen
Red wheel tape
sikatrix650r

Postby sikatrix650r » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:19 am

LMAO!! Yeah.... Well I met a kid today that just did his class and got his endorsement but doesn't have a bike and is obsessed with the 1st gen (2006-2008) 650r's so he loved mine with all the mods...... I was thinkin before this of going to a bigger bike so i can broaden my horizons a little as I love to drag race and im really good at it.... So I would try these plugs but at that price i cant knowing that im selling it within a few months... especially after i installed new NGK's less than 2000 miles ago... its a 2006 650r with 24,xxx miles... exhaust, bmc air filter, new brakes/fluid, new clutch, newish tires, new chain/sprockets, hid headlights, etc etc a ton of mods. few scratches and blemishes, starts right and runs like a top.... you think $3200 is too cheap?
phoenix91

Postby phoenix91 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:23 am

That seems about right in my opinion. But personally I'd bump it up a couple hundred to compensate for anyone trying to talk it down. Anyone that's serious about buying and has a decent head on their shoulders will try to negotiate
07 650r
Scorpion slip on
BMC air filter
PCIII
Custom seat
Clip ons (over triple)
Lowered 1.5" in front
Integrated tail
Chopped screen
Red wheel tape

Return to “Performance Upgrades”