My 06 mods so far...

Post here on any modifications you have done, or have found for the Kawi

Moderator: BRP

fattraxx

My 06 mods so far...

Postby fattraxx » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:18 pm

So TBR juice box pro is installed.while I was in there I capped of the pair valve, modded the air box some more,aka the BRP mod.GP1 slip on..
The bike seems to have a slightly deeper tone at idle now.i can here more air box noise now but I expected that would happen. The TBRpro is set on there slip on and air filter map as it comes set that way. The idle seems to have smoothed out a little and its more responsive and less jerky or rough down low,under 2k. The first ride out I thought I had lost some bottom end but gained some mid range,I didn't go out and hammer it though,just a get a feel for it kinda ride. Today's ride to and from work was another story. I feel the only reason I thought I had lost some low end was because I was using less throttle input to get up to cruising speed. There's more power everywhere now! The low end has improved for sure but the mid range pulls much harder and smoother,seems to rev freer now.6k to redline in second gear really surprised me, I couldn't stop laughing in my helmet.its nowhere near super sport power but it pretty damn fun! Much more usable power all over. I'm sure it a combo off all the mods at once but most of the backfire on decel has stopped. Still have some,but it's greatly improved. As far as mods go,I'm pretty sure I'm happy with the way it runs now so I'll be onto suspension mods next. This is my first sport bike owned,ridden many others but I'm very happy with my 650r!
Honinjsuz

Re: My 06 mods so far...

Postby Honinjsuz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 am

How does the noise compare to stock? Really loud?
fattraxx

Postby fattraxx » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:38 pm

It's not to bad really,but you can really hear the difference at half or more throttle. It is only slightly louder at idle and lower RPM's. But I've always like to hear the intake noise anyway.
The GP1 I have on at the moment is pretty loud,so it may be more pronounced with a stock or quieter exhaust.
fattraxx

Postby fattraxx » Tue May 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Ordering BRP clutch springs next week. Also I'll be installing fork springs and replacing fork oil. Ordering from Sonic Springs next week also. Replacing brake pads and flushing the system at that time to.

Return to “Performance Upgrades”