High Pressure Radiator Cap

Post here on any modifications you have done, or have found for the Kawi

Moderator: BRP

MFCC08

High Pressure Radiator Cap

Postby MFCC08 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Hey guys,

Quick question...going to replace my radiator cap and don't feel like spending 35 on a stock one. Moose Racing has high pressure ones, and I'm debating on the 1.6 bar or the 1.8 bar. They also have a 2.0... I know that by increasing the pressure, it increases the boiling point of the coolant (allowing you to run hotter temperatures in the bike). I was personally thinking about going with the 1.8 because our engines tend to run hot and having .5 bar over stock is quite a jump (up from 1.3) and should help.

Thoughts?
MFCC08

Re: High Pressure Radiator Cap

Postby MFCC08 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:44 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that the high pressure cap is working well! It is only .3 over stock and boy is there a difference. The fan doesn't come on nearly as much, and when it does, it is on for only a short time.

I was afraid the extra pressure might burst a hose or start leaking but so far none of the above. Later on I added some Amsoil radiator additive to increase the cooling ability of the coolant (2oz for our bikes) and the fan hasn't come on, only when sitting in the driveway after a long ride and running. I wouldn't be afraid to get the 1.6 bar one if you want to try it!

Return to “Performance Upgrades”