Fuel Maps

Post here on any modifications you have done, or have found for the Kawi

Moderator: BRP

B Mo
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:22 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby B Mo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:00 am

Any maps for a Jardine GP exhaust, BMC filter, sub throttle and baffels removed?
2007 Plasma Blue Ninja 650r: The mod list goes on and on and on and on and on
Gangplank
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby Gangplank » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Cope wrote:I had no idea that Yoshi finally gave up a pipe for the 650.... that's super. :thumbup: Would have been cool a few years ago as well. Anyhow with mild sarcasm aside, quick search netted a yoshi pic and a yoshi specific fuel map. So I'm guessing there is a powercommander equivalent or someone with enough knowledge of code to transfer the info.


You're link is no-worke - here is the pipe at that shop:
http://www.surfsidemoto.com/store/product/YSHTRCK7.html
User avatar
cra116
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby cra116 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:26 pm

grinfactor wrote:iv got:
custom down pipes
scorpion can (db killer out) ;-)
airbox snorkels romoved
PC III and custom map
aftermarket air filter
and the end result = max power: 71.64 and max torque: 44.76 :)fu

What do you mean by custom down pipes???
skizzo81
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: Pheonix Arizona
Contact:

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby skizzo81 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:17 pm

look if any of u can afford it, stop looking for maps since every bike is different at different elevations. just get a pc5 and use an auto tune
JASON SKI
B Mo
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:22 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby B Mo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:32 pm

pc V only if your an 09 + I believe, everyone else is using pc III
2007 Plasma Blue Ninja 650r: The mod list goes on and on and on and on and on
skizzo81
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: Pheonix Arizona
Contact:

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby skizzo81 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:57 pm

it can go on older models but dynojet wont warranty it
JASON SKI
skizzo81
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: Pheonix Arizona
Contact:

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby skizzo81 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:57 pm

my map looks so wierd after the auto tune... it changed so drastically after i removed the secondary butterflies.
JASON SKI
TurboNosKawasaki
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:17 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby TurboNosKawasaki » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 am

skizzo81 wrote:my map looks so wierd after the auto tune... it changed so drastically after i removed the secondary butterflies.


Mind posting your charts up here WITH the AF ratio? :cool
CORNERS ARE MY WORST ENEMIES, I SPEND VERY LITTLE TIME IN IT
skizzo81
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: Pheonix Arizona
Contact:

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby skizzo81 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:35 am

i guess i could since its not the final map that will be with the kit
JASON SKI
951_ninjarider
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Murrieta, CA

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby 951_ninjarider » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:44 pm

skizzo81 wrote:i guess i could since its not the final map that will be with the kit


DUDE enough thread jacking, you are all over the place with this. Tune your bike the way you want to and we will do the same. And Put out or Get out, you are claming all of this HP and not showing a bam thing it is getting a little old. All you got on your dyno is what every one else gets with the same mods, not any more. It’s not like what you are doing is something new and never been done before. I know you are going to port the head right, No one has ever done that. I know you are going to raise compression by shaving the head or changing the pistons, No one has ever done that. Or wait you are going to do a Frankenstein swap, No one has ever done that one before. Like my 95 Ford Ranger that I had a 5.0L V8 in with all of the performance parts one could afford. People have been adding performance part to there motor since the beginning of performance parts, since the beginning of motors you are not the first person to think that they are the ones who started it all and you will not be the last. Just show what you get but wait until you have some thing to show.
So with that said post your up-dates on your thread and leave the others alone. Thank you and nice Day!! :wave:
Blown Motor
Parting Out Complete 650
User avatar
Cope
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:25 am
Location: SoCal Mountain boy

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby Cope » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:24 pm

No really.. don't hold back. Tell him how you really feel :grin:
"Others of you will choose imprisonment, for the fear of freedom and the responsibility for personal choice is too much to bear."
TurboNosKawasaki
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:17 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby TurboNosKawasaki » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:48 pm

951_ninjarider wrote:
skizzo81 wrote:i guess i could since its not the final map that will be with the kit


DUDE enough thread jacking, you are all over the place with this. Tune your bike the way you want to and we will do the same. And Put out or Get out, you are claming all of this HP and not showing a bam thing it is getting a little old. All you got on your dyno is what every one else gets with the same mods, not any more. It’s not like what you are doing is something new and never been done before. I know you are going to port the head right, No one has ever done that. I know you are going to raise compression by shaving the head or changing the pistons, No one has ever done that. Or wait you are going to do a Frankenstein swap, No one has ever done that one before. Like my 95 Ford Ranger that I had a 5.0L V8 in with all of the performance parts one could afford. People have been adding performance part to there motor since the beginning of performance parts, since the beginning of motors you are not the first person to think that they are the ones who started it all and you will not be the last. Just show what you get but wait until you have some thing to show.
So with that said post your up-dates on your thread and leave the others alone. Thank you and nice Day!! :wave:


Ouch, that's gotta hurt... a knock-out uppercut between the adam's apple and the chin... :lol
CORNERS ARE MY WORST ENEMIES, I SPEND VERY LITTLE TIME IN IT
B Mo
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:22 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby B Mo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:27 pm

I said the same a while ago, but some people are being a little stubborn and not listening wink wink :sm
2007 Plasma Blue Ninja 650r: The mod list goes on and on and on and on and on
itsme
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby itsme » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:01 pm

so is there any maps for jardine gp1 exhaust??? i could be a tard ive looked all over and cant find anything. i got an 08 with a PCIII
ninja650r 08 PCIII 14/47, flat black, stock cut down flat black windshield, Jardine slip on, Sport Bar v. 2.0, black mesh headlight. speedohealer, Volar integrated turn signals, 13/4 cut down stock levers. and a small crank im compensating with a bike
j.dechene
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby j.dechene » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:52 pm

I have a PCV 2009 650R pair plug, snokels gone, secondary plates gones, Arrow black with DB killer out. What map should i start with? There is not an arrow map on their site. I plan on getting a dyno and custom map soon. I need somthing to run until then. ne ideas?
User avatar
BaliLover
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby BaliLover » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Just picked up a PCIII, the bike is stock aside from no snorkles and a plugged PAIR valve, but even the Zero map and Stock map bog something terrible at WOT. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do? Right now the bike is fine if I don't grab a handful of throttle, but if I do it falls on its face. I was under the impression that the zero map was 100% stock uncorrected.
User avatar
BaliLover
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby BaliLover » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Okay, I took the tank back off shortly after this and found that I had somehow twisted the fuel feed line and restricted its flow, repositioned and everything is peachy.

Now, on to my new question. I just installed Arrow headers and slip on yesterday and I've got questions as to which map I should run. No snorkles and stock air filter. I tried the LV Full from PC's site and it backfires upon decel and seems to lack a bit down low. Anyone out there running a full arrow setup have a good map?
User avatar
cknauf
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby cknauf » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Anybody know how much to "trim" the map on the Dynojet software for a better flowing filter and/or better breathing airbox? I'm trying to avoid another trip to the dyno...

Cheers!,
Jack
User avatar
cra116
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby cra116 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:15 pm

cknauf wrote:Anybody know how much to "trim" the map on the Dynojet software for a better flowing filter and/or better breathing airbox? I'm trying to avoid another trip to the dyno...

Cheers!,
Jack


I think thats the only way!! Or if you can fit a PCV to your bike and add the auto tune, I know someone on here is trying this on an older bike.
User avatar
Addohm
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:10 am
Location: Little Rock, AR
Contact:

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby Addohm » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:32 pm

That'd be me, it's all installed but I haven't run it yet. Waiting to finish my versys swing arm swap and 636 front end conversion.
After
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:00 am

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby After » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:34 am

B Mo wrote:pc V only if your an 09 + I believe, everyone else is using pc III



I have to tell you that they made you believe wrong
PCV is compatible with <09 for both er6/versys
I use it plus with an autotune and the bike really rocks

PC is nothing without autotune, worths the money 100000000000000%
Honinjsuz
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby Honinjsuz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:56 am

Interesting bit on the cycleworld.com website about autotune/pcv use on a record setting Bonneville bike- 200+ mph!
User avatar
Addohm
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:10 am
Location: Little Rock, AR
Contact:

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby Addohm » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:46 am

After wrote:
B Mo wrote:pc V only if your an 09 + I believe, everyone else is using pc III



I have to tell you that they made you believe wrong
PCV is compatible with <09 for both er6/versys
I use it plus with an autotune and the bike really rocks

PC is nothing without autotune, worths the money 100000000000000%



It works on anything pre '09, it is just not fully supported.
User avatar
biketechted
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby biketechted » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:46 am

54 posts and only 4 maps? :what
Image
User avatar
Addohm
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:10 am
Location: Little Rock, AR
Contact:

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby Addohm » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 pm

It's winter time :D I won't take my bike in for a mapping until probably May or so, assuming I get my other projects completed by then.

I am very curious to see how a mapping is done with autotuner :)
User avatar
biketechted
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby biketechted » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:27 am

I haven't read up too much on the PCV w/AT, but doesn't the "Auto" negate having to go to a Dyno?
fnpaulie
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby fnpaulie » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:54 pm

biketechted wrote:54 posts and only 4 maps?


I've completely stopped checking this thread for that reason.

I am looking at the AutoTune. Seems to be a concensus of users that are very happy with it's functionality.
Advice I was given (several times) is every bike will have different needs for A/F ie: elevation, humidity, temp., mods, seasonal gas changes etc.
Though Skizzo's maps looked interesting...
Honinjsuz
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby Honinjsuz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Really folks, check out the Bonneville article on cycleworld.com. A Honda 600 goes 200 mph. As you would think, it is a hot rodded motor, geared high, etc. They were having problems in getting ready on a short time frame (bike was stolen), and with elevation. The pc/auto tune helped huge, got motor ready without time for dyno. Entertaining and informative story.
User avatar
biketechted
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby biketechted » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:44 am

How bout a link to that story? Wouldn't mind discussing it if I could find it on their site. :crazy:
Honinjsuz
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Fuel Maps

Postby Honinjsuz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Go cycleworld.com, What's new, past news, 2011Jan, 206 mph, etc

Return to “Performance Upgrades”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests