mmmm..... z goodness.
lscld

Re: Cope-ing with some pain right now

Postby lscld » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:12 pm

How the ribs feelin'?
Cope

Postby Cope » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Ribs are healing, won't be playing hockey anytime soon... but they are coming along. Knee is all closed up now, the joint is a bit tender still but is holding weight fine. Elbow is tender, and a bit of fluid is still pooled up in the area, along with my ass injury. I have a baseball size lump on my right asscheek that I'm going to have the doc observe (showing my ass). :cool

I swear, the worst injury someone can receive while riding is the one that keeps you from riding ever again. 3 of us in my office have wrecked in the last couple of months.. and all of us get upset over the 1 same question we have been asked. (imagine a snotty "I told you so" attitude) " So... have you learned your lesson and decided to buy a car? " I've flipped out on multiple people for this question... the rebuttal to this is " Do people who get in car accidents never drive again? " Jackasses. :FU

The only thing I would do different if this ever happens again is... I will try to inflict as much damage as possible to the other party and/or their vehicle. And if I can remember to do it, while writhing in pain, I will swear more at them and try to give them lots of obscene gestures.
"Others of you will choose imprisonment, for the fear of freedom and the responsibility for personal choice is too much to bear."
lscld

Postby lscld » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Cope wrote:Ribs are healing, won't be playing hockey anytime soon... but they are coming along. Knee is all closed up now, the joint is a bit tender still but is holding weight fine. Elbow is tender, and a bit of fluid is still pooled up in the area, along with my ass injury. I have a baseball size lump on my right asscheek that I'm going to have the doc observe (showing my ass). :cool

I swear, the worst injury someone can receive while riding is the one that keeps you from riding ever again. 3 of us in my office have wrecked in the last couple of months.. and all of us get upset over the 1 same question we have been asked. (imagine a snotty "I told you so" attitude) " So... have you learned your lesson and decided to buy a car? " I've flipped out on multiple people for this question... the rebuttal to this is " Do people who get in car accidents never drive again? " Jackasses. :FU

The only thing I would do different if this ever happens again is... I will try to inflict as much damage as possible to the other party and/or their vehicle. And if I can remember to do it, while writhing in pain, I will swear more at them and try to give them lots of obscene gestures.

Haha. Glad you're hangin' in there. Keep it up. It'll get better in time.

And yes, "those people" are super annoying. They just don't get it. :roll:
Varment

Postby Varment » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:31 am

Good to see your back up on two, and such a nice two it is... I'd have to agree the new z is damn near better than sex and I'm not one for naked bikes.

Really glad to see you didn't get 4 permanent wheels as a result of the asshat's driving...

Those who don't stand behind our troops are more than welcome to stand in front of them!

2005 Racing Yellow Triumph Daytona 650

Current mods: HID lights, alarm, on board battery charger, Logo etched shorty levers
williamr
BRP Approved Tech

Postby williamr » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:22 am

Cope wrote:3 of us in my office have wrecked in the last couple of months.. and all of us get upset over the 1 same question we have been asked. (imagine a snotty "I told you so" attitude) " So... have you learned your lesson and decided to buy a car? " I've flipped out on multiple people for this question... the rebuttal to this is " Do people who get in car accidents never drive again? " Jackasses. :FU

With that kind of accident rate, the correct rebuttal should be 'No, but we've decided to learn how to ride properly'.

Rob
Cope

Postby Cope » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:55 am

Surely you've had your coffee by now... that was like a charlie re-direct mindscrew by rob.
"Others of you will choose imprisonment, for the fear of freedom and the responsibility for personal choice is too much to bear."
Simon

Postby Simon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:12 pm

Congrats on your new moped! :clap:
And glad to hear you're recovering well.....
BRP

Postby BRP » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Did you end up buying the 650 back?
Cope

Postby Cope » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:52 am

I had the unfortunate luck of crashing in a district that CrankyApe has a good handful of the tow companies on the take. You know where the rest of this is going... not listed yet, but I should have enough left to get it back.

To directly answer that: No I did not take the Ins. Co.'s offer of $1800 to buy my own bike back. It is F'ing obscenely overpriced!

My buddy that lowsided his 08 with half the mileage mine had sold at auction for $725 (it rode home after he wrecked, mine will not start)
BRP

Postby BRP » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:09 pm

$1800? See if you can get me some of what they were smoking :lol
You should have been able to get it for your deductible.
Cope

Postby Cope » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:32 pm

The adjuster said with confidence " we always get 35-40% of the bikes original value " , to which I asked " what do you get when theres only 35-40% of the bike left to sell?"

" about the same " ... ... " Ok, good luck with that. I'll take my chances at the auction. "
BRP

Postby BRP » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:48 pm

I know people who buy at auctions all the time.
Most 650R's go for $600 to $1500.
I've bought several for under $2K
Cope

Postby Cope » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Changing subject now. its a limited pool to pull from, so no sense in advertising it much :???:

Go Chargers!!
lamy_chop

Postby lamy_chop » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:38 am

sorry to hear about your chargers, but :fu

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

besides, do the chargers get this kind of reception when they come home from an away game?

:fu :fu

(this is all in good fun too, so don't get offended :fu sign )
Cope

Postby Cope » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:19 am

The saints are rockin this year, but wont matter. And besides, I can say comfortably that we would not see a welcoming like that in SD.. you see the troll on the back of that truck? Would have been kicked out of the county by now :-o
gr33nninja

Postby gr33nninja » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:53 am

careful now.... that troll could be someones significant other!lol! jk :lol :lol :lol
"Nobody who rides a sportbike calls them crotch rockets. It's like a harley rider saying he rides a gay dressed-up pirate machine." GOOSE
MeanderingMan

Postby MeanderingMan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:26 pm

Saints are 13-0 this season through some amazing luck. They don't always look all that impressive. Last week against the Falcons was a perfect example of them backing into another win: Falcons went 4-and-out and handed over the ball.

I'm rooting for the Saints anyways--it's a fantastic story, but I think they're gonna get crushed come playoff time. The wheels are gonna come off the bandwagon when the games get serious.
BRP

Postby BRP » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Now that we are totally off track, neither teams are dominating.
That said, SD has a very good chance of knocking of Indy.
I think Minnesota has a chance to take out NO.
lamy_chop

Postby lamy_chop » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:20 pm

i hope to see indy get knocked out!!!

we'll see how the boys in black and gold do tonite against the cowgirls. should be a good game.
BRP

Postby BRP » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:27 am

lamy_chop wrote:i hope to see indy get knocked out!!!

we'll see how the boys in black and gold do tonite against the cowgirls. should be a good game.

Obviously it was not! F'in Saints :mad
lamy_chop

Postby lamy_chop » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:44 pm

it was down right shameful how poorly they played last night. maybe this will be their wake up call for the playoffs so they'll play the way they did at the beginning of the season.
Cope

Postby Cope » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Go Chargers!!!!!!!!! :-fu
Varment

Postby Varment » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:50 am

F'n saints.... they were supposed to beat the cowpokes to increase the buffer between them and my Eagles!! now all I got to depend on is the Redskins?!?!? FUCK!!!!

:FU

Luckily the Eagles will get a chance to avenge the loss to the sowboys (misspelled intentionally) earlier in the season...
Those who don't stand behind our troops are more than welcome to stand in front of them!

2005 Racing Yellow Triumph Daytona 650

Current mods: HID lights, alarm, on board battery charger, Logo etched shorty levers
Cope

Postby Cope » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:07 am

been threatening to get a bolt tattoo since I was a kid... IF they brought home a ring that is. However... remaining completely ring-less for so long keeps the price of the tickets down a bit :grin:
BRP

Postby BRP » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:33 am

lamy_chop wrote:it was down right shameful how poorly they played last night. maybe this will be their wake up call for the playoffs so they'll play the way they did at the beginning of the season.

I have had Drew Brees and the Saints defense on my fantasy team for months.
Drew has done well, while their D has gone to shit for 3 weeks in a row.
Stupid me though the would bounce back.
I know as soon as I trade them, they are going to have a record day!
A-J

Postby A-J » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:18 pm

lamy_chop wrote:i'll say it again...............

GET A FUCKING LAWYER NOW!!!!!!!!
especially with the insurance situation you're in.

with all due respect a-j, your advice is not very responsible. as much as i hate it, getting legal help in this kind of situation is THE BEST thing you can do for yourself. i appologize for sounding like a freaking comercial, but i've been in that situation a few times too many and the only way i've gotten ANYTHING done was through getting help from a lawyer.

Actually, my advice is damn good. I never said DON'T get a lawyer. I just said that shouldn't be the very first thing you do. Don't be an a$$ and twist what I said. If you are getting screwed by the insurance, then by all means sue away. And if you've had to get a lawyer every time, then you clearly don't know how to deal with the insurance hacks, so that's probably the best thing for YOU to do. That doesn't mean that it is the right thing to do in every situation. Getting an attorney is an *option* and it's always good to get legal advice. But once you actually retain the attorney, you have now eliminated all other options. I prefer to give people a chance to do the right thing first. And in CA you have 2 years from the date of the accident to file suit, so it's not like there's any reason to rush. I'm sure other states have similar provisions and time limits. YMMV>
lamy_chop

Postby lamy_chop » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:32 am

insurance companies are not in the business of giving you what you really deserve, they're in the business of cheating you out of every penny they can. the only way to get the full extent from an insurance company is to get legal counsel. lawyers know the ins and outs of how to deal with insurance companies and they know little tricks that you will never learn unless you are a lawyer yourself.
again, i do hate to sound like a commercial, but the truth is what it is.
Cope

Postby Cope » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:26 am

Lookie what went just went up for auction... That looked like it hurt
A-J

Postby A-J » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:15 am

lamy_chop wrote:insurance companies are not in the business of giving you what you really deserve, they're in the business of cheating you out of every penny they can. the only way to get the full extent from an insurance company is to get legal counsel. lawyers know the ins and outs of how to deal with insurance companies and they know little tricks that you will never learn unless you are a lawyer yourself.
again, i do hate to sound like a commercial, but the truth is what it is.

:lol

Someone got butt-tapped by an insurance company, didn't they...

Cope - I hope you get your bike back dirt cheap! So you can give a good :fu to the folks that wanted 1800 for it. BTW - that's what it woulda cost for me to get my 250 back when I totaled it. Funny in a semi-scary sorta way.

Return to “Off Topic”