Cope-ing with some pain right now

Shoot the bull here

Moderator: BRP

djrussell

Re: Cope-ing with some pain right now

Postby djrussell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 pm

not a chance it'll get $1800 with a description like this. good luck.

Description: Insurance Total Loss Motorcycle. This is a 2007 Kawasaki 650R. It is powered by a liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, 649cc twin-cylinder engine with a 6-speed transmission. This bike is equipped with 41mm Showa front forks and a UNI-TRAK rear suspension. This bike was in a collision causing damage primarily to the front and sides. We could not get this bike to start or verify mileage as the gauges are damaged. You can view this bike at our Adelanto, Ca facility.

Estimated Repairs: There is no power to anything when the ignition is turned on. The front fairing, parts of both side fairings, and the right mirror are missing. The handlebars are bent and the gauges are broken. The engine is leaking oil from an unknown location. There are various scratches, scuffs, and broken items on this bike.
lamy_chop

Postby lamy_chop » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:31 pm

A-J wrote:
lamy_chop wrote:insurance companies are not in the business of giving you what you really deserve, they're in the business of cheating you out of every penny they can. the only way to get the full extent from an insurance company is to get legal counsel. lawyers know the ins and outs of how to deal with insurance companies and they know little tricks that you will never learn unless you are a lawyer yourself.
again, i do hate to sound like a commercial, but the truth is what it is.

:lol

Someone got butt-tapped by an insurance company, didn't they...

Cope - I hope you get your bike back dirt cheap! So you can give a good :fu to the folks that wanted 1800 for it. BTW - that's what it woulda cost for me to get my 250 back when I totaled it. Funny in a semi-scary sorta way.

no, my feelings are based on simple economics. insurance companies are not in business to just give money away. they find every conceivable excuse to not give you the money you deserve for things like lost wages and pain and suffering.
most of my dealings with my insurance with single vehicle accidents has been very positive.
Cope

Postby Cope » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Damn... Go Saints! What a game! :clap:
"Others of you will choose imprisonment, for the fear of freedom and the responsibility for personal choice is too much to bear."
Cope

Postby Cope » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 am

LT was about to cry.... :bugfu I want a new team.... I'm gonna pick the Raiders so I never get my hopes up too high.
"Others of you will choose imprisonment, for the fear of freedom and the responsibility for personal choice is too much to bear."
MeanderingMan

Postby MeanderingMan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:41 pm

I thought the Saints would tumble like a house of cards. What did I know? On the other hand, I called the Chargers' upset loss to the Jets, but only to taunt some coworkers (who work in SD). I'm still rooting for the Saints, but I wish they could meet the Vikings in the Superbowl instead of the NFC title game.
djrussell

Postby djrussell » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:16 pm

looks like bidding ended today at $1000. did you win it back?
Cope

Postby Cope » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:17 am

Nope, I watched it and am very very surprised that it sold for even that much. I figure there's enough there to validate that cost... but I wouldn't pay it. My buddy lowsided his bike and they totalled it, it just needed cosmetic work and some levers. Sold for $725. Mine wont start, looks like a truck hit it :-o is clearly loosing fluids and has no proof of mileage, $1000 +$300(rahtard fee). :wtf:
Cope

Postby Cope » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:29 pm

So... yer not gonna believe this. This time it was a semi-truck. Broke my back and my hip, hit n run by a fully loaded Walmart trailer. Again, he was at fault. Yes, I was wearing enough gear that the EMTs were actually complaining how long it was taking them to take it off on the side of the road. I begged them, but they insisted on cutting my coat off... probably all the better since I did have a back injury this time. Z1000 actually didn't take too much damage, but they totaled it for some reason. Most people that didn't know what it was, thought it was ugly... maybe that was all. Some that knew, thought worse things about it :P I loved it. Wifey said I could get another bike...can't make it my primary means of transportation anymore though. !!!! That is vague enough for me, yeah?! !!!! That leaves, enduro, trials, drag, mx, and weekend warrior stuff! To be honest though, I'm interested in making a fun 650 based bike.

So... I'm not riding at this point. I don't want my wife to get upset and break my other hip.
Honinjsuz

Postby Honinjsuz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 pm

Dont want to believe it. My God Cope, are you are on a bad list? But I'm glad you are able to respond to the forum and even show a little humor and optimism. The back/hip injury is a very serious injury with long term consequences. I'm praying for your best outcome. Heal well. Guy who wrote for Motorcyclist Mag, Greg McQuide, was killed just a few years ago- hit and run by tractor-trailer rig. He was caught between the trailer and the wall on the freeway. Dont know if the rig driver was ever called to account. The wife (in her car) has been hit/sideswiped twice in the last 5 yrs by big trailers towed by careless/incompetent big rig drivers. In one instance he got away. In the second, she chased the guy ten miles while calling 911 and honking the horn at him. When the guy stopped to let a passenger out, she parked in front of him. He was trying to back up to get away when the CHP arrived. She was not hurt bad, and we got satisfaction from the ins.co.- only because our co stayed on 'em hard till it was done.
biketechted

Postby biketechted » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:43 am

Glad you've survived. I guess you have cats lives and are working on the 7th?
Cope

Postby Cope » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Thank you for the kind words. I think the Corps claimed a couple of the lives as well, so I'm not sure but I think I'm down to 5... give or take.

Seriously though... I think about bikes daily, all day. Mainly while sitting in *expletive traffic! I can hear them more than normal, they seem to be everywhere as well. Oddly enough, a strange amount of people ask me if I'm in the market for a bike. I have odd, curious, dare I say queer feelings about these offers.... why would you offer me a motorcycle right now? But then at the same time, I listen to the offer... morbid and exciting. Either way, I'm taking a good long break before I get back on another bike. Like maybe another year or so. But... that gives me a lot of time to build a winner like some of the members here. Kinda wanna Er-6n though, then the separation from the Z will be a little easier.

That is awful to hear about Greg, and the hit n run makes it worse. The first time I got run down, the guy had the guts to own up to it, he stuck around. This dude runs over my back and hip bone, and doesn't even check to make sure he finished the job. Isn't that illegal in some states? To leave a wounded animal and not kill it? :P Anyhow, he chose the other path. He can't say he didn't feel it, I drove those rigs, you can feel a 2x4, a dog, a pine cone, so I know I would have felt a human being under my tires.

I have some catching up to do, see all the new tweaks people are doing to the twins.

There will be a gory pic to come, linked so you don't get all grossed out. I get grossed out, it was disgusting.
Honinjsuz

Postby Honinjsuz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Hit and run with bodily injury is a FELONY

Return to “Off Topic”