Any Harley owners here?

Shoot the bull here

Moderator: BRP

Clayslayer

Any Harley owners here?

Postby Clayslayer » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Hey all,

Been a while since I posted on this site. I bought a 2007 Ninja 650 brand new in 2007. Rode the snot out of it and loved every faithful mile that bike gave me. Great gas mileage, fairly comfortable, and quick enough to make you smile. Sadly nothing lasts forever and eventually I sold it.

I traded it in on a 2007 CBR600RR that I've added a Two Brothers can, Ohlins forks, Ohlins TTX36, Woodcraft cases, Vortex sliders, and a Zero Gravity screen among many other mods. The CBR isn't as comfortable but it's not bad but the handling and power are amazing, absolutely amazing. It still knocks down 40+ mpg regardless how hard I beat on it and is a surprisingly economical commuter.

I had a chance to pick up a 1996 Harley Davidson Road King a few years ago and while it was a sweet ride it displayed the "Legendary Harley Durability" that older Hardly Ableson's were so known for. 6,000 miles and countless repairs made, leaks fixed, etc finally pushed me to get rid of it. It was always a "project" that I eventually tired of. I prefer riding a bike to replacing it's head gaskets if I can get away with it.

My primary ride is now a 2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited. It's just about the biggest "Geezer Glide" made. Two years and 20,000 miles have shown me that Harley has improved quality greatly. They really have. To date I've replaced a starter switch and a rear tire. That's it. Comfort, heated grips, better handling than it has any right to have (believe it or not it actually does really REALLY good, remember what my "other" bike is), and the throaty thump of a 103cc engine are awesome to be in control of. I now know why so many gravitate to the bar and shield brand. Yeah it was on the spendy side, it's not all that fast, but for a coast to coast ride it's awesome. So far I've done a FuelMoto Jackpot 2-1-2 headpipe, SuperTrapp slip-ons, a K&N filter, and a Power Commander V. I'm no where near done modding this thing. Cams are next. Eventually.

I still have the CBR600RR and ride it quite often. I couldn't bring myself to sever ties with the sportbike world. The dinky little CBR still puts a grin on my face that can't be jackhammered off each and every time I ride it.
Honinjsuz

Re: Any Harley owners here?

Postby Honinjsuz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 pm

No Harley now, have had 3. I'm getting a Triumph Thunderbird "tourer", staying with the parallel twins.

Return to “Off Topic”