Standard newbie intro

Shoot the bull here

Moderator: BRP

Mighty Mouse

Standard newbie intro

Postby Mighty Mouse » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Hey guys, (and I imagine at least one woman). I just bought a 2011 kawi 650r and ran across this forum today. I think I'm supposed to at least say hi and introduce myself. So as not to seem like an ahole. I mainly joined to see if there are any groups in missouri around St.Louis. That and to get real feedback for some of the mods I'm thinking about doing. I'm brand new to the world of sport bikes, but a damn good shadetree mechanic on cars and trucks. So I'm pretty sure that I'll be alright doing things myself. If I screw it up too bad, I'll just tow it to a shop. So, my first thing is a fender eliminator and underbelly. Can you do both of these? I looked for pics of somebody who has, but have only found one or the other. And I need it color matched. I may be asking too much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mighty Mouse
If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
barbos

Re: Standard newbie intro

Postby barbos » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Assume you mean undertail. Underbellys (or belly pans) are for the ER-6n, naked versions
Honinjsuz

Postby Honinjsuz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Welcome to forum! Rear wheel hugger/chainguard and self made mods to reduce the size and nonsense on the tail/lic. plate holder, and LED signals are all I've done. But I'm sure some here can help. And I suggest a call/e mail to Gary himself at BRP.
Mighty Mouse

Postby Mighty Mouse » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 pm

You are correct. Undertail it is. I just really need to clean up that stock rear end. That looks like crap. Other than that I love the bike so far. I'm just trying not to tear it up during the break in period.
Mighty Mouse
If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.

Return to “Off Topic”