Just want to make my intro to the forums!

Shoot the bull here

Moderator: BRP

bearster18

Just want to make my intro to the forums!

Postby bearster18 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:30 am

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hey to all of you that frequent the forums around here. I've been looking over this place for awhile now and finally wanted to join. I have a stock for now 07 blue ninja 650r but from my viewing on this forum i have some mod ideas floating around my head though. This is my first bike and I couldn't be more happy on this purchase.

Here's what I plan on adding or doing-
Arrow slip on
BRP air box mod
PCV
Rear fender eliminator (stock is hideous)
V3 sport bars with new grips
Blue wheel stripes

Once i'm bored with that more than likely will go up to a 46 tooth rear sprocket and some BRP clutch springs :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BRP

Re: Just want to make my intro to the forums!

Postby BRP » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:22 am

Welcome
biketechted

Postby biketechted » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:27 am

Aloha.
I noticed you didn't list any ambitions for suspension and or braking. Any plans?
Also, you didn't list it, but I'll assume you'll get the auto tune with your PCV.
Finally... how long till you think your bored enough to do the sprocket and springs?
I'll give you 2 months and that's being conservative. :lol: :moto
Anywho...welcome.
bearster18

Postby bearster18 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:47 am

Thanks for the welcome!

I bought the bike in sept of last year and I'm finally getting kinda bored with it. Yeah eventually I'll work on suspension/braking modifications but I don't feel that its that inadequate to me in that department. Right now i want to get some more pep out of this puppy. Just upon doing more research looks like the IAP mod is a worthwhile mod and so is blocking the pairing valves. Is the autotune worth the additional money for it?
cbdallas

Postby cbdallas » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Love your bike man! My favorite color for the 650. Had one just like it, laid it down in 2009. :-( Now I have Big Red. Welcome, from another brand new member!
FireRunner

Postby FireRunner » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:33 pm

biketechted wrote:I noticed you didn't list any ambitions for suspension and or braking. Any plans?

I'm with techted on this one. If there is one thing you should drop money on first, its suspension for these bikes. Stock. Sucks. Period. And I know these bikes don't "sound" the coolest, but I've done about 15 TD's on my 650 over the past year, and will start racing in a few months. Still sporting the stock can. But there's no way in HELL I'd be as fast as I am on the shit stock suspension. First mod was the springs for my weight in the front, and that was good, but everything changed when I added an Ohlins triple from Gary (plus a small geometry change). Seriously, if you do anything first, do the suspension. It'll change your life. :) Oh, and braided lines A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. May not be needed so much on the street, but when you're trying to slow down from 130mph to hit turn 1, there's nothing better than light pressure on the brakes, instead of squeezing the ever living life outta the lever, hoping you'll cut enough speed before corner entry. :)
2007 Ninja 650R
Traxxion Dynamics Spring Kit
Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators
Ohlins Triple Clicker rear shock
Scotts Steering Damper
Woodcraft Clip-Ons, Rear Sets, Frame Sliders
Barnett BRP clutch springs
bearster18

Postby bearster18 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 am

I don't do any racing or anything like that on a track. I like the idea of the front springs and smaller tweaks to suspension to help improve it but a $700 shock is excessive i feel for a part that'd help with racing on a track. I just don't feel i'd ever use it to its full ability just crusing around on the street but I could be wrong :)

Return to “Off Topic”