Moderator: BRP

NubzX

This forum dead?

Postby NubzX » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Or is it just because it's summer time? :fu sign
Honinjsuz

Re: This forum dead?

Postby Honinjsuz » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Summertime includes the "usual suspects": riding more, making a living, vacation w/family, house and yard projects, boating/fishing, etc. Also, many of builds/customizing are apparently done and being ridden, or shown somewhere.
BRP

Postby BRP » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:50 am

I'm hardly on here any more since we are not racing.
Like I said before, my heart's just not into it.
I keep the forum up because there is so much info available.
dynamix67

Postby dynamix67 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:24 pm

BRP wrote:I'm hardly on here any more since we are not racing.
Like I said before, my heart's just not into it.
I keep the forum up because there is so much info available.

This statement leads me to ask more questions.
Is your heart not into it, because you are not racing any more or is the thought of racing again not very appealing?
Either way it is too bad Gary, you have a lot of knowledge to offer.
I have been going crazy not racing since 2010. I just put the work stand back up in my workshop/garage. I have an 07 frame hanging from the rafters, my race engine is sitting on a stand, so many parts, this has to be the late summer/ fall project.
I see 17 bikes on the WERA Endurance grid and I am worried there will be now endurance racing by the time I get back! There use to be 40!
I believe realistically I could get to 3 events next season.
Somehow I have to get someone to pay Gary's way as a rider/technical adviser :idea:
dynamix67

Postby dynamix67 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:37 pm

What I would do to go back to the time at Nelson Ledges 2007 I think 6 hour race that went into the night, standing there with B.E. in the pit and having Caudill's teammate come into the pits go off the pavement hit some sand and put his bike into the railing that lined pit lane. No one got hurt so I can enjoy the memory. I just remember having this weird feeling after having finished my nighttime stint, then witnessing that fiasco. Good times! Way off topic, sorry!
BRP

Postby BRP » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:29 am

Nelson Ledges was an 8HR I believe. We were running away with the class when we had a rear tire failure. I think we finished 2nd or 3rd.
The guy's name was Justin Marm, and he got a severe head injury the follow year at Jennings.
As far as racing, I'm in contact with Kawasaki's Team Green manager all the time.
There is a very small sign that they are getting back into road racing, but not for the 650.
No contingency, no racey for me.
My main business now is my bicycle shop www.brpbikeshop.com
It's hard for me to keep up with parts for models other than 06-08, since I have not had anything newer .
electjohn

Postby electjohn » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:44 am

I have been checking the forum often, due to a medical problem I have been held up with that since the beginning of May. Starting to ride again, nothing for any length of time, getting better every day.
dynamix67

Postby dynamix67 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:35 pm

BRP wrote:Nelson Ledges was an 8HR I believe. We were running away with the class when we had a rear tire failure. I think we finished 2nd or 3rd.
The guy's name was Justin Marm, and he got a severe head injury the follow year at Jennings.
As far as racing, I'm in contact with Kawasaki's Team Green manager all the time.
There is a very small sign that they are getting back into road racing, but not for the 650.
No contingency, no racey for me.
My main business now is my bicycle shop http://www.brpbikeshop.com
It's hard for me to keep up with parts for models other than 06-08, since I have not had anything newer .

Yes, it was an 8 hour, and yes Justin, too bad about him.
So it looks like they might bring the contingency back for 600 and 1000s?
Back to MW would be tough since I have so much LWSB stuff.
One bike a few spares, not the way to go about endurance racing that is for sure.
biketechted

Postby biketechted » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:41 am

Thanks for keeping the site up.
Plenty of info on here without all the mindless babble from people who don't know the search function.
Can't say that I've ridden my moto within the past 9 months.
I've been on a "track day mission". Had the bike and my body ready, but then started to look to the future of money spending and decided it was too expensive for me to continue. (I can do almost 1-1/2 seasons of MTB racing for the cost of 3-4 track days per year.)
It a shame because I wanted to take the path least traveled for myself and do some track stuff.
Oh well, guess I should have studied harder in school so I could have had a profession that was more lucrative than being a bicycle mechanic. :fool
My thoughts have now turned back to the dirt and I'm about to sell off my shit.
Still think this is the best 650 related "reference" site available.
:clap:
dynamix67

Postby dynamix67 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:15 pm

biketechted wrote:Thanks for keeping the site up.
Plenty of info on here without all the mindless babble from people who don't know the search function.
I've been on a "track day mission". Had the bike and my body ready, but then started to look to the future of money spending and decided it was too expensive for me to continue. (I can do almost 1-1/2 seasons of MTB racing for the cost of 3-4 track days per year.)
It a shame because I wanted to take the path least traveled for myself and do some track stuff.
Oh well, guess I should have studied harder in school so I could have had a profession that was more lucrative than being a bicycle mechanic. :fool

When you decide sell your items off, let me know, be it bike/part out, spares, track day items like tire warmers, etc.
Honinjsuz

Postby Honinjsuz » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Yes, this is a good reference site. I do miss the travelogues we used to see more of. I think he was Danish- remember his trip in the Southwest? Let's have more. Just was reminded of that while looking at the new Ninja1000 with the bags and techno upgrades. That Ninj would be/will be "aspirational" (as the marketers say) for many, a real "travlin" bike. Real tempted myself. Then again, would I use it any more, or differently, than I use my 650? Well, no. Wife does not want cold/heat/insects/sore butt/scary cage drivers/moose,deer/lightning/etc. any more. Neither do I, really. "Comfort comes as a guest, becomes a companion, then is your master". So, on long rides in the west (still to do Yellowstone/Glacier), I'll put the 650 on a trailer, drive there, ride just in the fun parts in good weather, go slow and enjoy the scenery. For Nova Scotia/Prince Edward, fly, rent car, rent bike for the parks and the island. Don't need a 1000 (or payments) for that. My versatile, great mileage, paid for 650 is good to do all that I will actually be doing. Unless I hit the Lotto, then.......
biketechted

Postby biketechted » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:00 am

dynamix67 wrote:
biketechted wrote:Thanks for keeping the site up.

When you decide sell your items off, let me know, be it bike/part out, spares, track day items like tire warmers, etc.

Check PM

Return to “Off Topic”