Help a brother out.........

Post here about all things off road.
Not Kawasaki or 650 specific

Moderator: BRP

BRP

Help a brother out.........

Postby BRP » Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 am

My friend/former rider/factory Kawasaki test rider is looking for some help.
One of his sponsors pulled out, leaving him in a bind.
http://suzuka-or-bust.com/
If you do make a donation, put in the notes it's from the BRP forum.
vircotto

Re: Help a brother out.........

Postby vircotto » Wed May 25, 2011 8:15 pm

I forgot to put a note that it was from the BRP forums, but I emailed him to let him know!

Hope he gets there!
BRP

Postby BRP » Fri May 27, 2011 5:05 am

BRP

Postby BRP » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:26 am

Posted today:

We just finished up the official Suzuka 8 hour team's test. It was pouring rain, so it made learning the new track really interesting. They sperated the field into 2 groups and I was P 9 in my first session. Overall I was P 18, my teamate was P 19 and with the teams times combined we were 12th. It was a great day, despite the wet conditions and a late session spill (nothing too bad, I just should have taken an extra lap to let the new rain tire come in). Thanks again to everyone for their support. I'm headed home in a couple of days then back to Japan in 2 weeks for the race!
BRP

Postby BRP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:51 pm

BRP

Postby BRP » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:34 am

Today's update:

Today's free practice went well and we ended up 29th. We found a much better suspension setting that worked really good on a full tank. It's been tough since we don't have a base line setting and we are throwing everything we can at the bike to see what works. It's been awesome having the KYB guys working with us!

I also ran into Ben Walters at the track. He's working in Japan for a couple months and had some free time. The team has adopted him as part of the pit crew. He's been spotting and helping me with lines and he is going to be a "wheel chuker" for the pit stops. Awesome having an old teammate at a race like this!

The 4 hour 600 race was really exciting today. A Malaysian team came form behind in the last minutes to take the win. The 4 hour is pretty crazy, that are not allowed any tire changes so it gets really interesting in the final hour.

The time trial was interrupted by a rain shower, so they waited for the track to dry and gave them a timed session. Kagiyama, Akioshi and Nakasuga were flying! All were in the low 8s! Josh Waters looked good and clicked off a low 9. It should be a tight race tomorrow.

They are calling for a chance of off and on showers for the race so it should get interesting. I have been designated the official rain rider for the team. I'm kind of hoping it gets wet!

The night party is pretty crazy. As soon as the sun set the fans rushed in to watch all the teams practice their pit stops. I have one Japanese fan who asked me to sign their program and wanted to video me on their phone....they even gave me some strange food as a gift. It's really an amazing fanfare here in Japan and they really love the international riders.

Off to bed now, tomorrow's a long day!
vircotto

Postby vircotto » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Awesome glad he got out there!

Return to “Racing-Track Days-Stunting”