Looking for pictures of Er6N mirror mounts

Got the shutter bug? Let's see what you got?

Moderator: BRP

BaliLover

Looking for pictures of Er6N mirror mounts

Postby BaliLover » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:27 pm

I'm stripping the plastics off my 650 and I'm planning to go with a set of mirrors from a Z1000. I know the mirrors mount near the switches on the bar, and on my 650 I'm pretty sure I see where they would attach once the plastic caps are removed. The problem I see is that these threaded holes don't seem to be symetrical from one side to the next. It seems like one is further forward than the other and possibly closer to the center of the bike.

Do any ER6N owners happen to have a good picture showing the bars and where the mirrors screw into? Am I looking at things wrong or is there something that the 650R is missing that the ER6N has?
Simon

Re: Looking for pictures of Er6N mirror mounts

Postby Simon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 am

I can offer these for a start; Including SW Motech extenders ..
Roadstergal

Postby Roadstergal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:39 pm

The left-hand (clutch-side) mount on my 650R is a bit farther forward. It's not so wacky that you can't adjust the mirrors to compensate. I currently have mirrors in there until I can get my hands on replacement fairing mirrors, and I don't notice the difference.
BaliLover

Postby BaliLover » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Is it also closer to the center of the bike than the right side? I don't want to look at the bike from the front and think it looks lopsided or like something is bent.
monkeyseemonkeydo

Postby monkeyseemonkeydo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:09 pm

If I were you I'd definitely go with bar end mirrors. Normal mirrors don't look lopsided or anything but they do look pretty geeky, ruin the lines of the bike and are also pretty crappy giving you an excellent look of your own elbows...

^Much better in my opinion,
BaliLover

Postby BaliLover » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:18 pm

I thought about bar end mirrors for a long time, but I decided to ditch turn signals with the plastics and wanted to stay street legal so I picked up a cheap set of mirrors for a Z1000 with integrated LED signals. If someone made black bar end mirrors with integrated signals for a reasonable price (or at all) I'd be all over em.

How do you like the drag bar? I've got an issue with my right hand going numb and I'm looking into new bars anyway.

Return to “Pictures & Video”