North Georgia Ride

Post here if you want to get one organized or are looking for one

Moderators: BRP, 650R_Rider

vcrew2003

North Georgia Ride

Postby vcrew2003 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:02 pm

I'll be heading up to Copperhill TN tomorrow for a wedding. I will be riding around highway 129 and 60. If anyone wants to meet up and ride just shoot me a PM. We can meet in TN or in GA. Wedding not til 5pm and I'll be up there before lunch so just let me know.
dmarsingill

Re: North Georgia Ride

Postby dmarsingill » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:25 pm

I missed this one...sorry.

Donald
'07 Blue 650
Mean and Green

Postby Mean and Green » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Yeah man we need to get all of us GA boys together and go up there. Cherokee NC to Gatlinburg TN? Anyone. I'm a very novice rider though. I'll hang in the back.
jhalpinjr

Postby jhalpinjr » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:09 am

I am in and have a buddy that will go as well. Lets try to plan something.
dmarsingill

Postby dmarsingill » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:40 am

I have pretty good routes.....I might go up this Fri to check out Old State Rd 68 12 miles north of Copperhill just off of SR 68. The gps shows major twisties.

Donald
'07 Blue 650
vcrew2003

Postby vcrew2003 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:46 am

It was absolutely one of the best riding experiences ever. I spent most of my Saturday riding in Copperhill, TN up some back rodes. I even took Highway 64 into Cleveland which was cool coming back but during the day it has a lot of tourist wanting to do water rapids. But that evening the roads died down and it was perfect. I spent the night in Mineral Bluff on Highway 60 at my father in law's house. I woke up at the crack of dawn and headed out at 6am. I rode 60 and It was some of the best riding ever!!! Nobody on the moutain but me, not even the cops were out yet. After a couple of trips back and fourth on the moutain I stopped in Dahlonega to eat breakfast with my grandmother, and then went back for more riding. I felt so exhausted after this weekend. I will be in Flordia in the beginning of July and I would be down for a trip up after that. I would probably be hauling my bike next time. So let me know whats up. Sundays work best for me and I prefer early mornings. I can also do Tuesday or Wednesday as well anytime!
njoror

Postby njoror » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi All,

New to the forum and also in North Georgia. I am interested in riding with some folks for either short afternoon rides or possibly all day rides depending on my schedule.

I am around Cleveland / Helen Ga. and prefer to go north from there.

D

Return to “Group Rides”