West Coast Group Ride

Post here if you want to get one organized or are looking for one

Moderators: BRP, 650R_Rider

Varment

Re: West Coast Group Ride

Postby Varment » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:09 am

Wasn't too bad last weekend when I rode to Grants Pass for drill... I keep up on the forcast and look for 0% precipitation, I can deal with the cold... just as long as it isn't wet too...
Those who don't stand behind our troops are more than welcome to stand in front of them!

2005 Racing Yellow Triumph Daytona 650

Current mods: HID lights, alarm, on board battery charger, Logo etched shorty levers
Varment

Postby Varment » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:21 am

Just got the call today, I got into the Officer Cadidate Program and will not be deploying this year. :cool
So i should be there in July as previously planned :cycle
Those who don't stand behind our troops are more than welcome to stand in front of them!

Current mods: HID lights, alarm, on board battery charger, Logo etched shorty levers
Honinjsuz

Postby Honinjsuz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:34 pm

How cool is that! Great for you Varment. You'll be able to go in the direction you want- lotta damn work too! A friend (and rider, tho not 650) is due back from Iraq in July. He's still in one piece, so far so good.
A7XNinjaRxr

Postby A7XNinjaRxr » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Pardon my French, but "Fuckin-A Varment!" That is awesome. Congrats and best of luck to you. :clap:

Now I'll head back on outta your "West Coast Group Ride" thread...
:cycle
A place of hope and no pain, perfect skies and no rain.
Can leave this place but refrain, 'cause we've been waiting for you.
--- A7X Afterlife

'06 Silver 650 Ninja (with the menacing red frame!)
- Bought new (OK, new to me at least) @ 1700 miles
trukdryverchuck

Postby trukdryverchuck » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:19 pm

Outstanding!! Good for you man. Good luck on getting it done without any trouble.
Glad you can make the ride.
CSBA #1091
USCG Aux
Patriot Guard Rider
God Bless our men & women in uniform
http://www.honorandremember.info/index.php
Varment

Postby Varment » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:02 am

Thanks everyone... looking forward to sticking around awhile...

CookieMonster

Postby CookieMonster » Thu May 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Just gotta bump the West Coasters. If you have any intention of riding in California, http://www.pashnit.com/ has so much on it, you may never find the end of it. Lots of forums and knowlege, but if you ever have an itch to ride Highway 36 (and if that didn't do it for you well enough, try here), hit me up. It's 20 minutes from my work, and 30 from my house. I do the 36 out of Red Bluff to Platina Rd (the whole video sequence is between Platina and Red Bluff) and back into Redding just about every Saturday around 3 pm.
Image Image
Varment

Postby Varment » Fri May 22, 2009 5:26 am

Well the tentative ride weekend is two months away... Is everyone still interested or do we need to rethink and re organize this... There is another 650 here local that i may be able to talk into going....

MeanderingMan

Postby MeanderingMan » Fri May 22, 2009 5:38 pm

Could do ... I still worry about the ride down and back, but it's not that far, really. I could take a day to get down. Three days total might be too much for me with a day riding down and a day riding back; I might bail after the second day.

If the dates are right I'm definitely still into it; I got vacation time banked at work that they are nagging me to take, so this is a great excuse to take some time off.
McRider

Postby McRider » Fri May 29, 2009 6:32 pm

I just found this thread and I'm interested. I live about 30 miles north of Portland and I have ridden all the roads proposed so far. 101 is going to be a pretty slow go at that time of the year, and maybe hard for a group to stay together, but we could have periodic stops to regroup.
A1C-Tim

Postby A1C-Tim » Sat May 30, 2009 12:31 am

I know this is just a little off topic but does anyone know of any bike nights this weekend? I went to one in Chula Vista tonight had a blast now looking for a bike night tomorrow night... Thanks.
TCRIDER

Postby TCRIDER » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Im obviously out on this ride :cry: No bike for a while.
Varment

Postby Varment » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:59 am

Looks like i might be out as well.... Drill on the 1st and 2nd of august, and trying to squeeze in an Iron Butt 1000 in 24 hours on July 31st....

MeanderingMan

Postby MeanderingMan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Varment wrote:Looks like i might be out as well.... Drill on the 1st and 2nd of august, and trying to squeeze in an Iron Butt 1000 in 24 hours on July 31st....

That pretty much kills it. Oh well, instead I'll drive up to Kelowna again this year and visit my uncle. He's very cool--ex RCMP officer (pre-taser days!)

Return to “Group Rides”