4th of July - Tail of the Dragon

Post here if you want to get one organized or are looking for one

Moderators: BRP, 650R_Rider

Bryk

4th of July - Tail of the Dragon

Postby Bryk » Thu May 13, 2010 1:46 pm

I'll be taking my 650R down to NC in the bed of my Ridgeline for the 4th of July weekend, probably getting there Thursday night until Monday. Anyone else interested in riding the weekend of the 4th away? Can't think of a better way to celebrate our county! I've been riding 2 years now, and I'm not looking to race through so up to intermediate riders (or anyone that likes a reasonable pace) would be welcome.
barbos

Re: 4th of July - Tail of the Dragon

Postby barbos » Thu May 13, 2010 2:38 pm

ROCK SLIDE UPDATE April 16, 2010: The rock slide on US 129 is located between the Dragon and Happy Valley Road/Foothills Parkway. TDOT has announced in a press release that the 11 mile section known as the Tail of the Dragon will be open from 8 am to 8 pm beginning Monday April 12, 2010. The only access is from North Carolina US 129. THP announced that there will be zero tolerance for traffic violations, so I'd travel the Tail with extreme caution. Please obey the traffic laws and report any undue harassment to us. We will forward all complaints to the Tennessee and North Carolina senators and representatives who worked so hard to get the road open. We will continue to post the latest information here so keep in touch.
Addohm

Postby Addohm » Fri May 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Been having a lot of rock slides there lately. Last big one I had to drive around, in the latter part of december, closed off 36 miles :(
coop

Postby coop » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:34 pm

you can check here before you go to see whats up
http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

usually holidays like the 4th are when you want to be far away from the gap. traffic can make it no fun at all and state troopers will be out in force for sure
07 650r: Bruce Fab slip on, Race Tech GVE/Springs, BRP clutch springs, -1 front sprocket, BRP air box mod, Sport Bars 2.0, DIY fender elim. DIY CBR 600rr rearsets

Return to “Group Rides”