Kawasaki 650 Owners Meetings

Post here if you want to get one organized or are looking for one

Moderators: BRP, 650R_Rider

Swoosie

Re: Kawasaki 650 Owners Meetings

Postby Swoosie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:00 am

Reading about a possible Oregon/West Coast meet is making me ridiculously homesick. :( Moved out to TX from CA last year and I miss the mountains and oceans every day. I miss Hwy 1 like crazy!!!

Might be a great reason for me to get my butt to Oregon though. :mrgreen:
~S

...the wind on my face and miles and miles of road to explore...
Swoosie

Postby Swoosie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:00 am

Reading about a possible Oregon/West Coast meet is making me ridiculously homesick. :( Moved out to TX from CA last year and I miss the mountains and oceans every day. I miss Hwy 1 like crazy!!!

Might be a great reason for me to get my butt to Oregon though. :mrgreen:
~S

...the wind on my face and miles and miles of road to explore...
KDOG

Postby KDOG » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:43 am

There should be one in California. There are many of us here in Northern, Central, and Southern California. I live in Lemoore, CA which is almost exactly in the middle of the state. There's nice scenery - beaches, Highway 1, Yosemite, and Sequoia National Park. Wilson's Motorcycles in Fresno, CA would be an ideal spot to start from. Let me know, Gary. :cycle
trukdryverchuck

Postby trukdryverchuck » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:30 pm

BriDogg wrote:
Spitulski wrote:We could hold a West Coast meet in Oregon. Great roads and not too long of a drive down from Canada or up from most of California.

:thumbup: +1

+ 2 :cycle
I'm good for 3, maybe 4 days. Count me in.
CSBA #1091
USCG Aux
Patriot Guard Rider
God Bless our men & women in uniform
http://www.honorandremember.info/index.php
Nosik

Postby Nosik » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:25 am

KDOG wrote:There should be one in California. There are many of us here in Northern, Central, and Southern California. I live in Lemoore, CA which is almost exactly in the middle of the state. There's nice scenery - beaches, Highway 1, Yosemite, and Sequoia National Park. Wilson's Motorcycles in Fresno, CA would be an ideal spot to start from. Let me know, Gary. :cycle

+1 on the California meet. Oregon may be a bit of a stretch for the Los Angeles and San Diego riders. There are a lot of Cali riders on the other two forums, so I think we should have the numbers to organize a So. California meet. Let's hear it from the Cali riders who are interested!
'06 Black 650R, Targa tail kit w/LED turn signals, Woodcraft frame sliders, SM bars w/gel grips, ZG 'Super Short' screen w/black bolt kit, dark lower fairing swap, red anodized swingarm spools, red wheel stripes
Varment

Postby Varment » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:30 am

I think it would be fun to have a coastal border to border trip, from the canadian border to the mexican border.... make a week out of it...
Those who don't stand behind our troops are more than welcome to stand in front of them!

2005 Racing Yellow Triumph Daytona 650

Current mods: HID lights, alarm, on board battery charger, Logo etched shorty levers
trukdryverchuck

Postby trukdryverchuck » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Varment wrote:I think it would be fun to have a coastal border to border trip, from the canadian border to the mexican border.... make a week out of it...

I'll have to wait till I get a new seat before I can do that, but that sounds like fun
CSBA #1091
USCG Aux
Patriot Guard Rider
God Bless our men & women in uniform
http://www.honorandremember.info/index.php
LostCoastGhost

Postby LostCoastGhost » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:56 pm

I own a 37 unit motel in Cambria, CA, which is 4 hours north of LA and 4 hours south of SF, right on the beach and just south of the curvy part of hwy 1. Let's start talking dates and I'll see what I can do.
ninjaduff

Postby ninjaduff » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:01 pm

For all you east coasters we could hold our meet up in boone near the parkway, some great roads here in the NC mtns including the oh so famous hwy 181!!!
NINJAImageDUFF
08 Sunbeam Red
TCRIDER

Postby TCRIDER » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:51 am

Im thinking april or may for the west coast meet.
Varment

Postby Varment » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:57 am

I'd have to wati till the kids are out of school for any kind of lengthy ride (Single dad), so June, July, and August are going to be my target months, June would be the best out of the three... course thats dependant on when they hold annual training next year...
Those who don't stand behind our troops are more than welcome to stand in front of them!

2005 Racing Yellow Triumph Daytona 650

Current mods: HID lights, alarm, on board battery charger, Logo etched shorty levers
BRP

Postby BRP » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:33 am

ninjaduff wrote:For all you east coasters we could hold our meet up in boone near the parkway, some great roads here in the NC mtns including the oh so famous hwy 181!!!

I miss that area for riding. My old shop was in Rutherfordton, and I had a great 25 mile course set up.
ninjaduff

Postby ninjaduff » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:41 am

yeah we all love 181 up here in western NC but I am going to have to find me a 650 front wheel as I do no have the resources to have spacers machined to make my buddies zx10 wheel fit so hopefully i can find one soon so i can get back out there and ride!
NINJAImageDUFF
08 Sunbeam Red
vircotto

Postby vircotto » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:01 pm

I would probably come to California for a group ride.
Honinjsuz

Postby Honinjsuz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:06 pm

Would love to do CA or OR, Cambria or Coquille. Or Fresno, or?? Or all of the above. Just depends on the days picked.
raynz

Postby raynz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:35 pm

So how many of us Crazy Canucks from the Wet Coast are there? As far as I know just me and Denham so far. Anything further East than the Okanagon would have to be part of another ride, I expect.

And I'm not even sure Denham should be allowed; he rides the inferior red Ninja.

+1 Crazy Canuck.

Just need details of when, where, how long and cost (final details). So lets get this thing moving and make the final arrangements! Lots of great talk, lets get it all in stone.

BTW: All Ninjas are inferior to a Blue one! :grin:
raynz
2007 Ninja 650R
Live on the
Redline
Stlblackbelt

Postby Stlblackbelt » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:25 pm

What about an owner's meeting in the midwest? St. Louis, Missouri would be a great place!
BRP

Postby BRP » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:24 am

I'm figuring early March would be a good time to get working on the NE and Midwest.
Group Rides would be the place to get it going.
eschwaa31

Postby eschwaa31 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:26 am

Stlblackbelt wrote:What about an owner's meeting in the midwest? St. Louis, Missouri would be a great place!

I think I could make that one :fro
thornz12

Postby thornz12 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:44 pm

im 20 minutes outside of NYC, and there are some GREAT roads in bear mountain in Upstate new york. i think it would be killer for a 650R meet there
2008 Metalic Diablo Black Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Carbon fiber tank pad
Carbon Fiber 2brothers slip on
Power Comander III
OEM Seat Cowl
Motion Pro Levers
Zero gravity SR series smoked windscreen
smoked integrated tail light/ turn signals
red LED kit
07red650

Postby 07red650 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:27 pm

Tadoff wrote:
unseen423 wrote:any east coasters out there wanna meet up? :cycle

I am in Montgomery county PA not too far from Bethlehem . Shoot me a PM some time and see if we get a ride together .

I'm in Indiana County, about an hour east of Pittsburgh. The Laurel Mountains have a lot of smooth twisty roads. I've been to the Champion/7-Springs/Hiden Valley area a few times for a day of riding. Good times. :thumbup: Let me know what you guys get put together, I may be able to make it out.

2007 Ninja 650R - Passion Red
Mods so far:
Custom muffler, DNA air filter, airbox baffles removed, reflective wheel stripes, Woodcraft spools, custom chain guard

Still on the wish list:
Ermax undertail, Ermax rear hugger, frame sliders, Hindle Header
stryker

Postby stryker » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:22 am

I've been lurking around here for some time and need to come out of the shadows! So from Vancouver Island Canada, "Hello"
I would like to do a west coast ride/ meeting in the future. Sounds like a blast.
Cheers
MeanderingMan

Postby MeanderingMan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:39 pm

stryker wrote:I've been lurking around here for some time and need to come out of the shadows! So from Vancouver Island Canada, "Hello"
I would like to do a west coast ride/ meeting in the future. Sounds like a blast.
Cheers

Hi, hopefully we can get together as the weather warms up. Riding the island sounds pretty good, or maybe we can hit Whistler/Squamish sometime. I'm in Burnaby.
BRP

Postby BRP » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:46 pm

stryker wrote:I've been lurking around here for some time and need to come out of the shadows! So from Vancouver Island Canada, "Hello"
Cheers

Howdy. Make sure you add yourself to the list in Group Rides :cool
Phenix_Rider

Postby Phenix_Rider » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:30 pm

07red650 wrote:
Tadoff wrote:

I am in Montgomery county PA not too far from Bethlehem . Shoot me a PM some time and see if we get a ride together .

I'm in Indiana County, about an hour east of Pittsburgh. The Laurel Mountains have a lot of smooth twisty roads. I've been to the Champion/7-Springs/Hiden Valley area a few times for a day of riding. Good times. :thumbup: Let me know what you guys get put together, I may be able to make it out.

The area is nice- the old harley farts and pedal pushers suck though. It's tough to get in a rhythm when you have to dodge an out of control cage in the wrong lane, or a cruiser wobbling through a corner, or slow to avoid blowing a bicyclist off the road. I'm down past Somerset if anybody makes it that far- makes it easy for me to hit WV if I cut out of work early.

If any of you PA people is interested in riding to GA in May, shoot me a PM. Or you NC people (AngelA :drool ) I'll be making a stop in Boone on my way to the TWFix misfits rally.
MeanderingMan

Postby MeanderingMan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:27 am

Phenix_Rider wrote:dodge an out of control cage in the wrong lane, or a cruiser wobbling through a corner

:lol Made me laugh.
Quiley

Postby Quiley » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:47 am

Tadoff wrote:

I meet a buddy of mine in Blue Bell alot during the spring and summer nights to trek down into philly and also local backroads in montgomery county area. We usually ride with a bunch of different bikes from Harley's to sportbikes. Hooters has a great bike night in KOP. I'll definitely let you guys know when we have our first ride and maybe we can meet up!

I'm also hoping to make a Saturday day trip to WV sometime this year to see a buddy of mine
Mean and Green

Postby Mean and Green » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:17 pm

I'm down for something around North East GA, Gatlinburg, or Asheville NC. Unicoi State park near Helen is pretty sweet. The hooch flows around the city and you can tube all day for less than 10-15 bucks. Plenty of bars on the tubing trip around the town. Best thing to do is grab an extra tube for a cooler and beer. Course then again somehow we'd have to get back to the camp grounds????? Gatlinburg has trolleys that go all around town. Smokey Mnt. National forest is fun in the Nissan Frontier. I could only imagine what it would be like on the 650. Other suggestion would be to camp at Ocoee Outdoors rafting company in TN. It's slap in the middle of the dragon. Plus if you haven't rafted the Ocoee you don't know what you are missing!!!! Roller coaster on water. They had the summer olympics there!
ninjastrat

Postby ninjastrat » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:52 am

Any 650 owners in the central Canada region? I'm up in Ottawa Ontario. There's some pretty nice riding up here although we're getting pretty close to the end of the season for us. It was hovering between 30 and 40 F this week and I only didn't ride just one day (they don't call us Crazy Canucks for nothing). Can get cold on the fingers though. Heated grips are high on my list of mods (subject for another post). If we did something, it'd probably have to be in the spring.
stryker

Postby stryker » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:10 am

Tadoff wrote:Great idea it and would great to ride with 650 owners , since there are not to many in my area .

+1

Return to “Group Rides”