Kawasaki 650 Owners Meetings

Post here if you want to get one organized or are looking for one

Moderators: BRP, 650R_Rider

BRP

Kawasaki 650 Owners Meetings

Postby BRP » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:57 pm

What my plan is, to have a get together. Eastern,Midwest, and West Coast.
That's 3 different rides.
So I'll be looking for members to help organize them.
Once we get that set up, it will be your job, to get the word out.
Everyone will be invited {even Steve} :smile:
hickman71
BRP Approved Tech

Re: Kawasaki 650 Owners Meetings

Postby hickman71 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Good idea to have regional sections. Don't forget those crazy Canucks, & Williamr is on the other side of the pond, too.
The Rally - Oklahoma
BRP

Postby BRP » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:50 pm

As far as the Canadian owners, they can choose which region is closest to them.
And the Over the Pond peeps, I would think they already have some sort of group.
If they would like to organize through this forum, that's fine by me.
I'm looking for more international members, they get all the accessories and upgrade info
before we do.
MeanderingMan

Postby MeanderingMan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:27 pm

So how many of us Crazy Canucks from the Wet Coast are there? As far as I know just me and Denham so far. Anything further East than the Okanagon would have to be part of another ride, I expect.

And I'm not even sure Denham should be allowed; he rides the inferior red Ninja.
denham

Postby denham » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:39 pm

Haha. I know of a couple of other guys locally that would probably come out. But really, I don't think we'd get a huge turnout from Western Canada. Probably better off tagging along with the western US meet, although that might be a bit of a ride!
BRP

Postby BRP » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:08 pm

All you have to do, is get a group together, and rent a trailer and van if needed.
Split the costs.
Spitulski

Postby Spitulski » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:16 pm

We could hold a West Coast meet in Oregon. Great roads and not too long of a drive down from Canada or up from most of California. If we contact a business or hotel ahead of time, we could get group discounts or find a place to host a meeting for us. Some places around here have hosted drive-ins for Subarus, for example, for free as the owners usually buy a drink and some food and make the place look awesomely busy.
This is how I chill, ma'am.
'06 Black
xxXJasonXxx

Postby xxXJasonXxx » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:18 pm

Spitulski wrote:We could hold a West Coast meet in Oregon. Great roads and not too long of a drive down from Canada or up from most of California. If we contact a business or hotel ahead of time, we could get group discounts or find a place to host a meeting for us. Some places around here have hosted drive-ins for Subarus, for example, for free as the owners usually buy a drink and some food and make the place look awesomely busy.

I would be up for an Oregon meet. If it's somewhere on the South Coast I know where some good roads are.
Tadoff

Postby Tadoff » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:25 pm

Great idea it and would great to ride with 650 owners , since there are not to many in my area .
BriDogg

Postby BriDogg » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:59 pm

Spitulski wrote:We could hold a West Coast meet in Oregon. Great roads and not too long of a drive down from Canada or up from most of California.

:thumbup: +1
Varment

Postby Varment » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:25 pm

For the Oregon Event, Let me know ahead of time. I will schedule the hotel rooms, and if every one sends me the funds in advance I can use my military discount, 70 per night even for two bed rooms... be the best thing for rides down the Oregon coast...
Those who don't stand behind our troops are more than welcome to stand in front of them!

2005 Racing Yellow Triumph Daytona 650

Current mods: HID lights, alarm, on board battery charger, Logo etched shorty levers
Spitulski

Postby Spitulski » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:17 pm

What hotel are you thinking of?
'06 Black
Varment

Postby Varment » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:51 pm

Best Western has a contract with the government at least in Oregon, Other hotels will honor that to get our buisness most of the time... I would have to do some research and make some calls... Wold take a little bit but I'm sure I could get something close to the beach if not right on the beach if its going to be a run down 101... If nothing else I know of a 5 bedroom house that sleeps around 20 that used to be going for $200 a night... split enough ways that could be a swinging deal.... All depends on where an appropriate stopping point would be for the night as well... If the weather permits and everyone is feeling adventurous, There are state parks and campgrounds all over going down 101... I would have to know where everyone wants to go though too. The 101 and the McKenzie pass are possibly the best riding in Oregon, though any route over the cascades is a great time, great views, and lots of twisties...
Those who don't stand behind our troops are more than welcome to stand in front of them!

Current mods: HID lights, alarm, on board battery charger, Logo etched shorty levers
denham

Postby denham » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:58 pm

The 5 bedroom house sounds like a great deal. Assuming we managed to get some cheap accommodation down there, I'd certainly be interested in coming down from Canada eh to meet up with a bunch of 650 owners!
Varment

Postby Varment » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:04 pm

There are several deals like that if you take the time to research.... Coming down from Canada would be an awsome ride in itself if you take the right roads. I'm thinking the 101 with a couple of switch backs over the cascades would be fun, Crater Lake would have to be a stop, as well as the McKenzie Pass... would take about 3 or 4 days...

denham

Postby denham » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Yeah, that would be a lot of fun. :)

I guess this would be planned for sometime next spring or summer, BRP?
Varment

Postby Varment » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:22 pm

I'm all over it, I'll start looking at possible routes and submit them here for discussion... xxXJasonXxx should have some good input as well...

Varment

Postby Varment » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:17 pm

just looked at the map real quick and this is a possible tentative route, I still have to check on some things ...

Depending on number in the group we can make room at my house the night before and camp out in the back yard and put the barbeque into over drive...

Starting out in Roseburg early morning for breakfast at IHOP, head out hwy 138 East to Crater Lake, From there head over to hwy 97 and up to Bend for day one. Hotel in Bend should be $70 that night or split between two $35 each...

Day two would have us going West Hwy 20 to Sisters, then taking the McKenzie Pass hwy 242 with a stop at the observatroy at the top where it is mostly lava fields for miles.... Then north on 126, East on 20 for a bit and west on hwy22. We could stop at Silver Falls State Park for a bit, there is a 5 mile hike passing 7 waterfalls, its a nice place to unwind and chill out, might have to pack a lunch on this day though... From there I still need to find a way to get up to hwy 30 while trying to bypass I-5 and Portland to get to Seaside. I still have to find out if I can do it but Camp Rilea is pretty close to the beach and I can stay there for 5 bucks a night, Need to see if I can bring a party with me but I know the post commander, if Its possible I can swing it. If not I can probably get another $70 / $35 X2 a night deal. This would be quite a long day though...

Day three would be going down hwy 101 with stops along the coast every once in awhile, Need to find a Moes to stop at for lunch as their Clam Chowder is incredible... Newport is home of the Oregon Aquarium which is an option, or the Tillamook cheese factory, or not too far out of the way is the Air Museum that is inside a huge Blimp Hanger. Ending point I'm not quite sure of but can be at either a camp ground or at another hotel for the same rates as before...

Looking at maximum $280 for lodging (4X$70), for one person having their own room each night if I can't find alternatives + food and fuel (prices here locally are around $3.50 a gallon at this time)

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions?

unseen423

Postby unseen423 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:59 pm

any east coasters out there wanna meet up? :cycle
FLORIDA GATORS
3 TIME NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 1996 2006 2008
Spitulski

Postby Spitulski » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:41 pm

Great itinerary, but I'd be in for only two days at most. The chances that I'd have 3 days to go riding are very slim =(.

Camping would be fun though. The rear seat lends itself nicely to a pack, bedroll and folding chair!
'06 Black
BRP

Postby BRP » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:38 pm

denham wrote:Yeah, that would be a lot of fun. :)

I guess this would be planned for sometime next spring or summer, BRP?

Ok, I'll try this again. Could have sworn I posted it earlier.
The West Coast meet can happen any time. And there can be several, hopefully
they will grow larger each time.
I would like to be able to attend as many as possible.
Once we get 3 groups established, then we can work on dates.
I will need to wait until I know next seasons race schedule.
Then I figure we can meet either the weekend of, before, or after one of my races.
Once I know these dates, I can then contact area Kawasaki dealers, to see if they are interested in sponsoring an event.
AngelA

Postby AngelA » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:57 pm

Depending on location, timing, etc, I'm game for an east coast meet :)
2008 Ninja 650R
"The sun will set tonight on all the lonely dreamers, only to rise again so we can start it over." -36Crazyfists
Tadoff

Postby Tadoff » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:58 pm

unseen423 wrote:any east coasters out there wanna meet up? :cycle

I am in Montgomery county PA not too far from Bethlehem . Shoot me a PM some time and see if we get a ride together .
xxXJasonXxx

Postby xxXJasonXxx » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:19 pm

Varment wrote:I'm all over it, I'll start looking at possible routes and submit them here for discussion... xxXJasonXxx should have some good input as well...

How many days are we looking at for a group ride, what do people think? I was thinking something like 1 or 2 overnight stops, maybe 3? I'll look at some possible routes that I think are nice and fun. I like curvy stuff, I try to avoid miles of drone and superslab.

You have a group of people you ride with in Roseburg? I ride with a handful of people that live there, a couple of 'em even have 650's.
TCRIDER

Postby TCRIDER » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:18 am

I'm down for a west coast meet. I have always wanted to go to Oregon. :cool
Varment

Postby Varment » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:26 am

xxXJasonXxx wrote:
Varment wrote:I'm all over it, I'll start looking at possible routes and submit them here for discussion... xxXJasonXxx should have some good input as well...

How many days are we looking at for a group ride, what do people think? I was thinking something like 1 or 2 overnight stops, maybe 3? I'll look at some possible routes that I think are nice and fun. I like curvy stuff, I try to avoid miles of drone and superslab.

You have a group of people you ride with in Roseburg? I ride with a handful of people that live there, a couple of 'em even have 650's.

Got a couple, one has a ZZR600 but he will be going on a deployment next year and the other sold his cbr due to a new baby in the family.

The 101 and Mckenzie pass are probably the best places I know of in Oergon, Also all the roads east west from 97 to I-5 to 101. 97 is rough to travel but neccesary sometimes...

LostCoastGhost

Postby LostCoastGhost » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:17 pm

Whoo hoo!!! Sounds like I'm ridin' up the 1 to Oregon!
TCRIDER

Postby TCRIDER » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:02 pm

This better happen. I don't want to get my hopes up :sad:
BRP

Postby BRP » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:52 am

TCRIDER wrote:This better happen. I don't want to get my hopes up :sad:

Only you guys can make it happen.
Varment

Postby Varment » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:52 pm

The 199 from Crescent City CA to Grants Pass Oregon is Hazardous with falling rocks and narrow roads.... But oh is it ever twisty!!! Just drove it today, Twice...

Return to “Group Rides”