2011 Kawasaki 650R Frame Sliders?

Post here about any new accessory product you might find, or have installed on your 650

Moderator: BRP

ss4594

2011 Kawasaki 650R Frame Sliders?

Postby ss4594 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Hey guys!! been riding around on my 650R for like over 2 weeks now and LOVING IT!!
However, I can't find any 2011 650R frame sliders. I ordered some that fit the 09 models (which appear to be exactly the same bike) but according to my mechanic they don't FIT!!! I really want frame sliders that fit my bike and any help on finding some would be appreciated!
Zandit

Re: 2011 Kawasaki 650R Frame Sliders?

Postby Zandit » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:20 am

My suggestion is either find another mechanic or just do the work yourself!
There is nothing better than having the satisfaction of doing the job and saying "I did that!!!!"
09-11 models are identical, so unless you ordered the wrong sliders they will go on!
RB.

Postby RB. » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:02 am

what kind did you get? did you get them on? also does anyone have any suggestions for some sliders for a 2011 650r. i did some searching on the forum and didnt really find anything after 2008. i dont mid getting no cut or have to cut sliders. just want some decent ones at a decent price. i was looking at the woodcraft ones but they dont look like they stick out far enough to save any plastic. i know most arent really supposed to protect plastic and they mainly to protect more impoortant parts but it would be nice to get the best of both worlds. thanks
Zandit

Postby Zandit » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:14 am

Got mine from a guy in Thailand who buys direct from the Kawasaki Factory where the bikes are made. He had these sliders made to suit his Ninja, and then offered them for sale on Ebay. Very popular on Kawi and Riderforums, but I haven't seen them here. Only drawback is having to remove all of the fairings, but if you read the instructions properly, it is real easy.

Very sturdy and a well made product!
barbos

Postby barbos » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:17 am

I had the ninjashop 650 sliders on mine for awhile. They have saved my plastics from some damage. However, it has bent the radiator mount on the left side. I also bent some of the joints in the sliders itself, and I have a bolt that is snapped off in the frame. They are pretty beefy, but I don't know that I like how much airflow they block from ejecting out the sides. Somehow, I managed to knock them out of alignment of each other.

I purchased some woodcraft sliders from BRP, but haven't installed them yet.
951_ninjarider

Postby 951_ninjarider » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:56 am

Zandit wrote:Got mine from a guy in Thailand who buys direct from the Kawasaki Factory where the bikes are made. He had these sliders made to suit his Ninja, and then offered them for sale on Ebay. Very popular on Kawi and Riderforums, but I haven't seen them here. Only drawback is having to remove all of the fairings, but if you read the instructions properly, it is real easy.

Very sturdy and a well made product!

The only thing that I would worry about this these sliders, is in a real world layover (not just a tip you bike over and lay it on the ground like in the picture) is that the mounts are going to give out on you by bending and taking everything out anyways. They look like they are held together with 4- 10mm or 12mm bolts with some big spacers. This would lead me to believe that in a crash/layover the mounts would bend causing you damage anyway. Now if that bar that runs from side to side mounted off of something else go give it some extra support then that would be the ticket.
Just my .02¢
Blown Motor
Parting Out Complete 650
2007 650R

Postby 2007 650R » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:15 pm

I like those sliders and nice bike.
I now ride a 2009 Monster Edition ZX6R.
REVN650

Postby REVN650 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:01 pm

I had the no-cut sliders referenced here. They did a great job in protecting the fairings during a VERY minor drop. I was making a right turn from one street onto another and someone stepped out in front of me. I hit the brakes but my momentum was going forward/right and I was unable to keep the bike up. It was a zero MPH assisted fall. Although the sliders saved all of the plastic, the mounting brackets bent and shifted the sliders over at least an inch. There is just too much leverage between the mounting points and the slider pucks, 6+ inches, for the aluminum brackets to handle. I suspect that in a harder fall/crash the brackets would fail. I have since replaced the old sliders with the Woodcraft sliders. They took a lot more work which involved cutting holes in the fairings but I believe they will hold up better in a crash. I just hope to never find out!
Blacked Out 2011 650R, Leo Vince Underbody Slip-On, Arrow Headers, BMC Filter, PCV, Suburban Machinery Bars, Woodcraft Sliders, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator, Ermax Seat Cowl...

Return to “Accessories”