Looking for a touring fairing....

Post here about any new accessory product you might find, or have installed on your 650

Moderator: BRP

ballisticexchris

Looking for a touring fairing....

Postby ballisticexchris » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:52 pm

I already tried out the ZG style and it was not what I was looking for. Although, much better than stock. Has anyone tried this one:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... /2662/363/

Will it even fit my bike? My bike is a 2007 Ninja EX650A7FL CA model.
Honinjsuz

Re: Looking for a touring fairing....

Postby Honinjsuz » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:09 pm

If you check prev. posts here, it seems very subjective. Your height, width, torso length, arm length, what bars, even your helmet makes a difference. If I had listened to a post that hated the Puig, I would have missed a great deal at my local dealer. It's 2" taller than stock, shaped slightly different. It was a BIG improvement for me for $100. The stock shield put the wind right at the top of my chest. At speed, it tried to lift my helmet, made much noise, and my face shield was always covered with bugs. The Puig puts the wind just below the top of my helmet (Arai Quantum, XL), less noise, less neck strain. I'm likin' it! I have the stock bars on 1" risers, rotated to highest position. I'm 6', 212, fairly wide shoulders, long arms. If you are similar, have similar gear/bars I recommend Puig. Say you are short, have clip ons- it might not work. But consider all these factors plus your experience with ZG.
barbos

Re: Looking for a touring fairing....

Postby barbos » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:22 am

I have the 09+ version of that windscreen. It was an improvement over stock. It moved the wind up about 2 inches, which moved the airflow from my shoulders to just my helmet.

Wasn't a huge improvement, but enough that I keep it on the bike.

Depends on your riding position and how fast you normally go.

Return to “Accessories”