Anyone use a bell star helmet with the transitions visor

Post here about any new accessory product you might find, or have installed on your 650

Moderator: BRP

kawigreen

Anyone use a bell star helmet with the transitions visor

Postby kawigreen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:12 pm

About to buy the bell star helmet as it has been reviewed very favorably. I currently have the icon mainframe fit very snug when I bought it seems to have deteriated very fast now it so sloppy I fear safty to wear it not impressed with that one. the transition lens on the bell is another reason I really like the star. Safty certs and price I have a deal for the cerwinski and the transition visor 425
Retro Rocketeer

Re: Anyone use a bell star helmet with the transitions visor

Postby Retro Rocketeer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:48 am

My pit mate races with a Bell Star. He used to where an Arai Corsair like me. He doesn't use the transitioning face shield, just regular dark smoke. Here's what he says,

". . . honestly I really like it. I like the weight, the look, the stability, the air flow and the price. My Corsair probably fit better, but like all things helmet that's often a function of head shape. Road race helmets are essentially disposable so I have a hard time paying Corsair prices for a one hit helmet."

Don't know how much that helps.
kawigreen

Postby kawigreen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:07 pm

woo hoo I got it wow super nice feels high quality. the helmet bag is incredible!

the Lamborgini Drawn by the same artist
RB.

Postby RB. » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 pm

those are cool but very pricy. ever checked out Akuma helmets? they are very nice and have the auto tint visor as well. u can get into one for a couple hundred cheaper than a bell. im rocking the Doragon
Helmet
kawigreen

Postby kawigreen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:08 pm

no never heard of them checked out the website the star i got on sale was not much more though i cant knock em but imvery happy with the bang for the buck of the star
kawigreen

Postby kawigreen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:35 pm

heres some pics to show the visor. the other lens is a smoke visor from my icon helmet to show how much darker the bell gets my icon in full sun i still wore sunglasses under it. hope to not have to wear the sunglasses with the bell. well see.

bell is on right crystal clear

bell on right

bell is on right

bell on left

Return to “Accessories”