Found some cool saddle bags today

Post here about any new accessory product you might find, or have installed on your 650

Moderator: BRP

tfielder

Found some cool saddle bags today

Postby tfielder » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:11 pm

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/5839/

Highly recommend watching the two youtube video's at the bottom. They are so quick to attach and remove... awesome.
steigs84

Re: Found some cool saddle bags today

Postby steigs84 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:13 am

I like SW-Motech. I just ordered Givi-21's with the SW-motech mounting system. Fairly easy to remove the brackets when not in use. I still have a set of Tour Master bags, two saddle bags and a third bag they lock into over the seat/tail piece. The reason for going with the hard bags was water proofing. The rain covers tour master supplied didn't keep all the water out. I do like the SW-motech bags better as I had to make my own bracket to keep the bags from contacting the rear wheel.
Baxter

Postby Baxter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Those Blaze saddlebags have a waterproof liner, and I'd be interesting if anyone has them and has tried them out in the rain. If they work, they seem convenient and stable.

The Blaze bags aren't available for the first generation 650s. I went with Ortlieb throw-over waterproof saddlebags for my 2007. They work great, but they have straps and a fold-over closure that might not be as convenient. But I like them. Here's a link http://www.aerostich.com/ortlieb-low-pr ... ebags.html
"It is our mind, and that alone, that chains us or sets us free." Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
carpetbelly

Postby carpetbelly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:58 am

I have the blaze bags.
And ridden through pouring rain. The inner liners worked a treat. And the brackets that stay on the bike are hardly noticeable.
Getting a top box too but ill still use these for long tours. They're great value for money.
carpetbelly

Postby carpetbelly » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:45 pm

did forget to say as well... the fact these bags are held in place. There's next to no movement with them when riding along.
They dont hinder a pillion either.

And best of all, the strap that goes over the passenger seat. It fits neatly over the base for my Ventura Imola seat bag so can use that at the same time with no worries at all.
Baxter

Postby Baxter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Thanks for the info, Carpetbelly. The Blaze bags might be a good choice for me if I ever decide to replace my bike (which might be a long time away).

Stegis 84, unfortunately, it seems that the Givis only fit on the first and second generations. :sad: The Givis are available for European 3rd Gen. Ninja 650s, but I understand that no one is making a bracket that will fit them to 2012 and newer Ninja 650s sold in the US. Something about needing mounts for a passenger hand grip that they install in Europe but not here.

I chose to go with the Ermax undertail on my 1st Gen., which removes one of the mounting points for the Givi brackets, because I recognized that I wasn't likely to go on enough longer bike trips to justify the Givis until I retire in 2021 and it really cleaned up the back of the bike. When I have more time, I'd like to get a bike with hard bags like Givi.

Kawasaki, if you're listening, please add the passenger hand grips back to the US models by 2021. :lol: I'd like to pre-order one in red. :lol
"It is our mind, and that alone, that chains us or sets us free." Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

Return to “Accessories”