GoPro Mounting Locations

Post here about any new accessory product you might find, or have installed on your 650

Moderator: BRP

REVN650

GoPro Mounting Locations

Postby REVN650 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:06 am

I just bought a GoPro and would like some recommendations on where to place it. I want to be sure of the best spot before I stick that 3M mount on my shiny bike. My windscreen is blacked out so the tank is not an option. Any suggestions?
Blacked Out 2011 650R, Leo Vince Underbody Slip-On, Arrow Headers, BMC Filter, PCV, Suburban Machinery Bars, Woodcraft Sliders, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator, Ermax Seat Cowl...
Krusing

Re: GoPro Mounting Locations

Postby Krusing » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:02 am

Only place i can think of is behind the seat, above the tail light. Pretty much any where else on body work just use suction cup mount.
06 Ninja 650r
SB 2.0
Leo Vince sbk
ZG DB
Puig hugger
Stomp grip
R&G frame sliders
Volar integrated taillight
biketechted

Postby biketechted » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:46 am

You might be better off with a suction cup mount, chesty, or helmet mount.
Good luck if you use the adhesive mounts. They're a bitch to remove without some kind of damage or marking done to the surface.
REVN650

Postby REVN650 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:31 pm

After trying the suction cup mount at a few different locations on the bike I'm a little dissapointed. I'm thinking about using an adhesive mount on the windscreen. A new windscreen is in my near future anyway so I have very little to lose if it doesn't work well. Has anyone mounted a GoPro to their windscreen?
Blacked Out 2011 650R, Leo Vince Underbody Slip-On, Arrow Headers, BMC Filter, PCV, Suburban Machinery Bars, Woodcraft Sliders, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator, Ermax Seat Cowl...
FireRunner

Postby FireRunner » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:51 pm

I have a permanent GoPro mount on the small section of tail above the taillight. Great location IMO, just gotta be careful which way you slide the GoPro in so it clears the seat. Also, I tape down this small section so I don't have as much vibration on the track and I get better shots. But yeah, those 3M mounts stick FOREVER....
2007 Ninja 650R
Traxxion Dynamics Spring Kit
Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators
Ohlins Triple Clicker rear shock
Scotts Steering Damper
Woodcraft Clip-Ons, Rear Sets, Frame Sliders
Barnett BRP clutch springs
REVN650

Postby REVN650 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Windscreen mount = FAIL!
Way too much vibration. However the 3M mount was easily removed using a plastic bicycle tire lever. I guess I need to get creative now.
Cope

Postby Cope » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:57 pm

agree with 2 posts up, bike mount = massive vibration, even with the gopro, and the new one. The helmet gives you the best picture of the "through the turn" look vs. just the bikes forward or rear facing and lean. And, as an added bonus... for mounting it on the helmet, you get discernable audio rather than the sound of air at 100mph or a rage filled metal song to cover the entire clip due to suck audio.
"Others of you will choose imprisonment, for the fear of freedom and the responsibility for personal choice is too much to bear."

Return to “Accessories”